Tuesday 22 October 2013

casting

I need to find a male who is broad, tall and looks old. I need this because when you put a tall broad man next to a small boy the comparison shows a range in gangs. This idea is taken from the research of films because i always come across a big man in a gang and it is the first person i notice when viewing it. I viewed the film reservoir dogs this helped me think about the right kind of people to choose based on the genre of the gang.
In the film props such as sunglasses and black suites show the trademark for this gang of organized crime, but the moral is that one of them is an undercover policeman. This gives us the impression that looks aren't everything in gangs and they can be deceived. I am thinking about making one of the smaller characters in my film to be a snake in the grass to show small as a metaphor for being the sly one, and the big nasty looking man is innocent and miss understood because he is generally a nice 
person but he still commits crimes involved with his gang.

My characters are going to be made to look smart and classy but have a feel of being scruffy and messy personalities at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment